Getting ready for your DMV permit or driver's license test is tough. Sometimes it's hard to find the official source, among other things. We've done the hard part for you and collected the official DMV handbooks for every U.S. The road to getting one starts with getting your driver’s permit which means you’re in the right place, to study the Tennessee Driver’s Handbook. We’ve provided the very latest version, pulled directly from the Tennessee Driver License Services, so you won’t waste study time with out-of-date regulations or information. Welcome to the official site of the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, with quick access to driver and vehicle online transactions and information. Download and save the driver guide PDF file. Close your internet browser. Open the driver guide file with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Activate “Read Out Loud” by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Y (Shift + ⌘ + Y on Mac). The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) has teamed up with the Kentucky State Police and Department of Criminal Justice Training to launch a new online service that allows state license, permit, and ID holders to designate a preferred contact law enforcement can notify in the event the cardholder is involved in a vehicle crash or emergency situation.
About What you should do How long does it take How much does it cost Forms to complete Who to contact
All learner's licences, driving licence cards, temporary driving licences and professional driving permits that expire during the period that commenced from 26 March 2020 up to and including 31 December 2020 are deemed to be valid and their validity periods are extended for a further grace period ending on 31 August 2021.' (Gazette 43958, 3 December 2020)
You need a driving licence to drive legally on South African roads. Before applying for a driving licence, you must have a learner's licence.
Different licences are issued for the various categories of motor vehicle:
- Code A1: This is for a motor cycle with or without a sidecar and with an engine not exceeding 125 cc. You must be at least 17 years old on the date of the test.
- Code A: This is for a motor cycle with or without a sidecar and with an engine that exceeds 125 cc. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Code B: This is for a motor vehicle, including a minibus, bus and goods vehicle, with a gross vehicle mass not exceeding 3 500 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Code C1: This is for a motor vehicle, a bus, minibus or goods vehicle with a gross vehicle mass between 3 500 kg and 16 000 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Code C: This is for a motor vehicle, a bus or a goods vehicle with a gross vehicle mass exceeding 16 000 kg.
- Code EB: This is for a:
- light motor vehicle that is articulated (light motor vehicle drawing a trailer) with a gross combination mass not exceeding 3 500 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply
- combination of a motor vehicle with a tare not exceeding 3 500 kg and a minibus, bus or goods vehicle with a gross vehicle mass not exceeding 3 500 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Code EC1: This is for:
- an articulated heavy motor vehicle (heavy motor vehicle drawing a trailer[s]) with a gross combination mass between 3 500 kg and 16 000 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- a combination of a motor vehicle with a tare between 3 500 kg and 16 500 kg and a minibus, midibus, bus or goods vehicle with a gross vehicle mass between 3 500 kg and 16 000 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Code EC: This is for an articulated heavy motor vehicle (heavy motor vehicle drawing a trailer[s]) with a gross combination mass exceeding 16 000 kg or a combination of a bus or goods vehicle with a gross vehicle mass exceeding 16 000 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Go to the nearest driving licence testing centre (DLTC) to book a test date. Take the following with you:
- your learner's licence.
- your identity document (ID).
- four identical black-and-white photographs. You must first confirm with the DLTC how many photos they require before you have photos taken.
- Proof of residential address e.g. utility account. If the utility bill is not in your name, the of owner of the bill must make an affidavit declaring that you live at the address and the utility bill must be attached to the affidavit.
- if you stay at an informal settlement, you must bring a letter with an official date stamp from the ward councillor confirming your residential address
- a booking fee.
- Gauteng residents should apply online for their driving licence: https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
- Complete the Application for driving licence form (DL1) at the DLTC.
- Keep the receipt as proof of payment and as confirmation of the test date and time.
- On the date of the test, you must be at the DLTC at the specified testing time. Your receipt and learner’s licence will be verified before you proceed to the test.
- You will be assessed by a qualified examiner.
- If you pass the test, your fingerprints will be taken and you will undergo an eye test at the DLTC. Alternatively, you may have an eye test performed at a qualified optometrist and submit the form at the DLTC.
- If you pass the driving test, you must pay the issuing fee to receive a temporary driving licence, which you will use while you wait for the ordered driving licence card.
- You will be notified when your driving licence card is ready for collection. You must collect your driving licence at the DLTC where you made your application.
Driver License Book Online Florida
- Your driving licence should be ready within four to six weeks.
- A temporary driving licence is issued immediately.
Contact your local licensing office to find out the cost.
The Application for driving licence form (DL1) is available at any driving licence testing centre
Game 56: june 26, 2015the initials game. Download the official PDF or view online
Getting ready for your DMV permit or driver's license test is tough. Sometimes it's hard to find the official source, among other things. We've done the hard part for you and collected the official DMV handbooks for every U.S. state.
These are the most recent versions of each state's driver's manuals - we monitor the DMV websites to make sure you're always able to get the updated copy. As soon as there's a change at the DMV - we'll update the link on this page.
Oftentimes, you may also be able to pick up a hard copy of a DMV handbook at your local DMV office. If you prefer a digital copy, select your state in the drop-down above to get the latest official driver's manual (2021).
which one do I need?
Is There More Than One Manual?
Your state's Department of Motor Vehicles provides a number of driver's manuals and handbooks to help you become a safe driver. Those include a standard driver's license manual, a motorcycle license manual and a CDL (commercial driver's license) manual.See CDL manuals
Study on the go
The Freedom of Desktop & Mobile Access
Instead of carrying around a paper copy of the manual, download the PDF to your smartphone and study when it's convenient to you: on the bus or waiting in line at the DMV!
For those times when you just don't have a desktop or laptop around, you can read the PDF version of your state's driver's manual on your smartphone using the convenient mobile PDF viewer.
The manual can also be downloaded to your device for offline use, if you prefer.
95.2% success rate
Pass Your DMV Knowledge Test with Premium, Guaranteed
Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
'These practice driving skills exams make studying easier and less stressful.'Get Premium Now
Kansas Department of Transportation
'First-time driver or need a refresher course? Test your knowledge on the Rules of the Road here.'
Book Of Drivers LicensesFind out more
More than a Driver's Ed program
Training America's next-generation drivers
All questions are based on facts taken directly from the most recent version of the official Driver's Manual for your state.
Exam Simulators mimic the experience of a DMV exam, pulling random questions from a huge database.
Perfect for everything from learner's permit and driver's license to renewal and senior citizen refresher exams.
You'll pass your exam the first time
We've seen it happen with thousands of learner drivers all around the country. If it happened to them, then it can happen to you as well. Not sure how this is possible? Upgrade to Premium today, and we'll show you how.