A free Excel CRM template can help your small business manage customer relationships.
Free Excel templates to help you create spreadsheets with ease Microsoft Excel is one of the most versatile and useful programs in the Office suite. It doesn’t matter if you need Excel templates for budgeting the next fiscal year, tracking your business inventory, planning out meals, or creating a fantasy football draft sheet, there are. A phonebook is a simple repository of all of your contacts and their phone numbers. With the help of tools like the Office 365 suite and Microsoft Excel, in particular, creating one is very simple and can be done in a matter of minutes.
If you run or work for a sales-driven company and don’t use a CRM, you could be missing some opportunities. Short for Customer Relationship Management, these tools do what you might expect — help you manage your relationships and contacts with current and potential clients.
The lost episodes. While there are some costly online CRM systems that you can invest in, you can also get this job done with an Excel spreadsheet provided it is set up correctly. If you are looking for free CRM resources, we aim to deliver. This article has a list of 35 free Excel CRM templates that you can use to organize your sales process and stay organized as you grow your business.
Do You Need a CRM Tool?
If your organization sells anything, it needs a CRM resource. The only question is how much of an investment you wish to make and how complex that system needs to be.
Buyerzone reports that 90 percent of B2B companies with more than 11 employees already use CRM software. Depending on the size of your organization and its budget, adopting a costly system may not be an option. In fact, it might not be necessary.
Display a map of a contact's address. On the Contact Details form, if you have entered a street address for the contact, you can display a map of that location. Click Click to Map. Display reports. A contact list template is a collection of important contact numbers, either in mobile or landline, mentioned on a piece of paper along with the names of the person. This list is prepared for conveniently found phone number of a specific person. It acts as a key element for calling someone without wasting time. Instantly Download Microsoft Excel Templates, Samples & Examples in Microsoft Excel (XLS) Format. Available in A4, US. Quickly Customize. Easily Editable & Printable.
Before you hand over a bunch of cash for an expensive solution, it makes sense to evaluate whether a free option could work. If your sales team meets one or more of these criteria, then a free Excel CRM template could be the best choice:
- You run a one-person company.
- You cater to just a handful of clients.
- Your business employs less than five people with just two or less on the sales team.
- Your sales process has three stages or less.
- Your sales process is transactional only.
- Your sales cycle is quick, which eliminates the need to monitors several stages.
- You run a B2C business with few institutional clients.
- Your budget doesn’t leave room for adopting a CRM system right now.
Why Use an Excel CRM Template?
An Excel template is a spreadsheet that is preprogrammed with columns and formulas, incorporating CRM functionality to help you analyze and manage customer data. Like any other type of template in Excel, these are meant to make it simpler, faster, and cheaper for you to gather and make sense of data.
Even if you are a one-person or small business, these templates can generally be used with little to no technical knowledge. You don’t need separate, costly CRM software to manage and summarize data. In some cases, there are analytics that allow you to compare forecasted and actual results and build charts and graphs.
Free Excel CRM Templates
Useful resources don’t always have to be costly. One of the great things about Excel is that it is so widely used and flexible that some experts have taken it upon themselves to create useful tools and share them with the masses. This is what we’ve compiled and are sharing with you today. Here are 35 of the top free Excel CRM templates that help you manage contacts and drive your company’s sales.
1. Probably one of the most comprehensive free Excel CRM templates, even though it is the “lite” version, is from Excel First. This free version provides you with three modules: Contacts, Organizations, and Calendar. There are simple data entry forms for each module. You can also configure the CRM to fit your needs and create custom reports. If you want more features and modules, there is a paid, full version.
2. Vertex42 offers a simple, free CRM system for Excel. This all-in-one system will allow you to track leads. It includes fields for customer contact data, estimated sales figures, next action, lead type, and last contact dates.
3. Excel Quant also has a simple Excel CRM template that is completely free. This template provides columns for the lead’s name, company, work function, and contact information. There is space for the estimated sales amount, last contact date, next contact date, status, type of contact, and notes.
4. Profitworks offers a free Excel CRM system that has a ton of features. You can get your hands on it if you are willing to give up your email address. The system includes a Sales Team Dashboard (Source of Leads and Sales Summary, Sales Pipeline Summary, Top Sales Leads Overview, Sales Team Productivity Overview). There is also an Opportunity Tracker, Contact Database, sortable Communication Log, Sales Stage Overview, and Source of Leads Summary. This CRM template includes step by step instructions for setting up and using the system.
If you need help customizing or troubleshooting an issue with your CRM template, Excel Chat is standing by.
5-28. Tipsographic is a free online resource dedicated to project management. The site has compiled a list of 24 free CRM templates for Excel. These are divided into Sales CRM templates, Sales Dashboard templates, Marketing templates, and a Real Estate CRM template.
29. JustEXW also provides a free Excel template for CRM. This system allows you to enter customer data to track and evaluate relationships. It has fields for detailed client information, the start date of contact, the type of contact, client status, and level of proposals and acquisitions.
30. Smartsheet gives you the tools to manage your sales pipeline with a free CRM template. It has sections for tracking contact information, communications, and sales leads. The template also allows you to track your sources so that you can see how your business is getting leads. Data in the template can be used to create graphs and other analytics.
31. Pipedrive is a service that has paid solutions to create and monitor a sales process, but you can get a free Excel CRM spreadsheet from them if you are willing to hand over your email address. The company recommends using this tool only if you work on less than ten deals at a time or are a small firm that is strapped for cash. This is a tailor-made CRM template made by its sales team that you can also customize to suit your needs.
32. Microsoft Office has a free Excel template for Detailed Sales Pipeline Management. This allows a salesperson or manager to keep track of each opportunity, its lead source, forecasted sales amount, forecasted close date, and place in the sales pipeline.
33. Another possibility from Microsoft Office is a Sales Leads Tracker template, which is also free. This Excel template is basic but gives the user information such as the customer name and contact, lead source and region, lead type, potential opportunity, % chance of a sale, forecast close date, and weighted forecasted revenue.
34. Microsoft Office also provides a free Online Sales Tracker template for Excel. This is more of a high-level reporting of a company’s or department’s sales activity, but it can be customized to suit your needs. It has several graphs to show the profit per item and % of income earned per product.
35. Chandoo is an online resource that has several free Excel Sales dashboards posted as part of a “challenge.” Some are basic, but others have detailed information that allows you to drill down into the sales funnel and pull some useful analytics.
Microsoft Word Templates Free Download
Using a free Excel CRM template is an excellent way to track customer relationships for a small business. However, these spreadsheets can become complex as your operation grows. You may encounter an occasional formula error or just want some additional customization to make the template better suit your organization’s needs.
If you have any questions about these Excel templates, need to troubleshoot an issue, or would like help with customization, Excel Chat would be happy to assist you with our live chat service that is available around the clock. Just let us know how we can help! The first session is always free.
Need to create a custom contact list? Whether trying to keep track of all your contacts or putting together a phone or address list for a specific occasion, Vertex42's free customizable Contact List Template can help you get organized. Great for clubs, organizations, families or your own personal needs, the Contact List Template will help you get off to a quick start. The template allows you to easily sort and filter by any heading, and it is ready for printing.
This template can be easily customized, turning it into an email contact list, an address list or simple phone list. Simply choose one of the predefined headings or create your own. Feel free to add as many columns as you want or delete a few for something simpler.
Contact List Templatefor Excel, OpenOffice, and Google Sheets
'No installation, no macros - just a simple spreadsheet' - by Jon Wittwer and Brent Weight
Download Microsoft Excel Contacts Templates Free Printable
Download⤓ Excel (.xlsx)
⤓ Google Sheets
License: Private Use (not for distribution or resale)
Vertex42's Contact List Template is easy to customize and simple to use. Now you can keep all your contacts organized and up to date!
You can add as many columns as you want, so you can use this list for keeping track of birthdays, anniversaries, and even mark which addresses to include on your Christmas card list.
The references listed below can help you set up your list for mail merge or importing into other contact list software (like Outlook and Gmail).
Creative Ways to Use Contact Lists
Using the Contact List
- Add additional columns to your address list by copying a column and changing the heading
- Consider adding a category or group column to help you organize your contacts. This will allow you to easily filter your list based on whatever categories you define.
- Use this template with Microsoft Word's mail merge feature to print form letters and envelopes. Great for envelope labels, wedding invitations and form letters.
- Simply save the Contact List Template as a CSV file to get started importing your contacts into other software such as Outlook and Gmail Contacts. See the resource links below for more information.
Excel Templates Free Download Office 2010
- Home Inventory - Protect your property by creating a home inventory.
- Checklists - Download check lists for a variety of occasions.
- Family Tree Template - If you like to keep track of addresses for your family, what about important dates?
References: Mail Merge and Importing Your Contact List
- Excel and Mail Merge at support.office.com - Microsoft's guide to printing labels using mail merge and excel data. Instructions can also be adapted to print form letters or invitations.
- Import Contacts from Excel to Outlook at support.office.com - Step by step instructions from Microsoft on how to import from Excel straight into Outlook.